I encourage you to consider joining a JustFaith sall group this fall...
is a small group process that invites participants to explore the Gospel call to compassion and justice. Phase One – Living Compassionately: Caring for the Poor is being offered this fall. Participants will focus on poverty and consumerism, through the lens of our Gospel mandate to care for the poor. This phase includes:
• Eight 2½-hour sessions and a one-day retreat (9am-3pm)
• A guest speaker and a group immersion experience
• Robust opening and closing prayers
• Dialogue around a weekly reading assignment from engaging books/articles
• Videos or other small group activities connected to the theme
• Spiritual practices to integrate the program into everyday life
Why attend JustFaith?
JustFaith may be right for you if:
• You want to explore the Gospel invitation and our call to address issues like poverty, race, or mass incarceration; moreover, you want to discuss these issues in a respectful, prayerful way.
• You want to help alleviate poverty or exploitation in the world or your local community but aren’t sure how to get started.
• You’re great at prayer and supporting charitable needs with financial support, but you’d like to cultivate an environment that moves people to engagement.
• You’d like to join the over 60,000 JustFaith Ministries’ program graduates (and over 1,700 churches) across the country that are engaged with the needs of their community and changing lives.
Meeting Dates and Times: Choose a location, day and time that works best for you: • Sunday Evenings, 5-7:30 p.m., at Christ Church United Methodist, 4614 Brownsboro Rd, St. Matthews, beginning Sept. 22 (Childcare available) • Monday Evenings, 6-8:30 p.m., at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 2233 Woodbourne Ave, Highlands, beginning Sept. 23 • Tuesday Mornings, 9-11:30 a.m., at JustFaith Ministries’ office, 224 Woodbine, near downtown, beginning Sept. 24 • Wednesday Evenings, 6-8:30 p.m., at Grace Immanuel United Church of Christ, 1612 Story Ave, Butchertown, beginning Sept 25 • Thursday Evenings, 6-8:30 p.m., at Jeffersontown Christian Church, 10631 Taylorsville Rd, Jeffersontown, beginning Sept. 26
NO cost to participants. (The registration fee has been waived this fall.) The cost of the provided books will be covered by Jeffersontown Christian Church for folks from our congregation who attend Phase One at any of the locations. Co-facilitators of the groups will be members of the JustFaith Ministries’ staff and Louisville area JustFaith Ministries’ program graduates. Some of you may know Susan Chapman who is co-facilitating the group at Jeffersontown Christian.
Here is a link to the online registration: https://justfaith.org/louisville-justfaith-registration/
Questions? Contact Susie Tierney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-429-0865 ext. 7
I'll be there on Thursdays, and hope you will consider joining me... Shalom, Pamela
Posted on Mon, September 9, 2019
by Pamela Pettyjohn